If you know me, you know that I don’t like sharing my goals. I have had too many experiences where I have not met my stated goals and then had people in my life make fun of it. So, to protect myself I usually keep my goals held close to me.
This year I have decided to get over that, so, I want to share a few things with you all.
First my running goals. Below is a list of the races I want to take part in for 2014.
Around the Bay 30k – March 30th
Harry’s Spring Run Off 8k – April 5th
Toronto Yonge Street 10k (I am a Digital Champion for this race again and I am beyond excited to share my training, experience and hopefully inspire others) – April 13th
Goodlife Half – May 5th
Niagara Falls Women’s half – June 1st
Seawheeze Half – August 23rd
Oasis Zoo Run 5k – September 20th
Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon – October 19th
So if you are doing the math that equals 158k of racing alone and that does not include any additional 5 or 10k’s that take place in the summer that I decide I want to run. On top of all that ground being covered during racing I will need to put in serious training time, which brings me to my training goals.
Running – 4 – 5 times a week
Onto my personal goals, below is a list of my goals/resolutions:
- Spend more time living, less time stressing
- Remove negativity from my life
- Become more involved with Right to Play, a charity that I love to support and strongly believe in
- Do more snowboarding! I love to snowboard, I love the excitement, and I love the physical aspect of it, and it’s the one positive I can take from all this cold! I love it all….I want more!
- Spend more time being active and playing with Brady. We do this a lot already, but I want to do it even more. I want to cherish every second I have with him before he grows up and no longer thinks I am the coolest person around (or suddenly Dad becomes the cool one! That can’t happen)
- Get to NYC! My brother and sister – in – law live there and I haven’t been there since Brady was 6 months old. It is time to get back with him and enjoy a city that I love with my brother who I miss terribly.
- Have more date nights with my husband. Even something as simple as a candle light dinner, turning off the TV and putting the phones away.
- Spend more time smiling and having an open heart
- Grow more as a yoga teacher. I strongly believe that you should never stop learning. Being a yoga teacher is truly a blessing and by learning more, I am able to provide better instruction to my students and inspire others more.
- Do more of what makes me happy – no matter how small.
- Write more blog posts!!! For both myself and Brady. Since I was seven years old I have loved to write, and I need to do it more.
There you have it, I shared my goals with all of you….this was not easy for me and I have to admit I’m still a little anxious about it all. But I want to put it out there so all of you can hold me accountable. You have my permission.
What goals have you set for yourself? Care to share?
You can follow my journey on Twitter @TorontoFitmom & Instagram @TorontoFitmom